News & Blog
May 28, 2021
Plan a weekend getaway to Grandview Heights for your family getaway. Grandview Heights has a variety of attractions that are family-friendly including parks, restaurants, shopping, hotels, and more.
Here are a few ideas to do to make the most of your stay:
- Start your day off with some savory breakfast at Brekkie Shack. Brekkie Shack offers breakfast burritos and “fork and knife” platters including their popular Brekkie Of Champions. Your kids will also enjoy the selection from the “Little Brekkie” menu.
- After breakfast visit Clay Cafe to enjoy painting your own pottery. Clay Cafe offers everything from coffee cups, dinnerware, candle holders, and more. A great way to spend time together and create.
- Need an idea for lunch? Enjoy a picnic in the park with the help of Jason’s Deli, they can help you build the perfect picnic from their variety of sandwiches, wraps & refreshments. Then stop at C. Ray Buck Park to enjoy not only your picnic but also a StoryWalk on the trails.
- Next, try your hand at miniature-golf, blacklight style at Miner 49er to enjoy some family-friendly competition, as well as food and refreshments.
- Start winding down the night at Grandview Theater and Drafthouse. This historic theater is perfect for both kids and parents to grab a movie, snacks, as well as adult beverages. Pro-tip, add M&M’s to your popcorn for a sweet and salty mix.
- While wrapping up your day in Grandview Heights, top off the evening at Hofbrauhaus Columbus, located in Grandview Yard. Hofbrauhaus also provides a family night on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. Visit here for details on entertainment & their kids eat free offer. Hofbrauhaus is also conveniently located near the Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU or the Courtyard Marriott Columbus, OSU. Each hotel offers complimentary parking and indoor pools for your children to enjoy while you relax poolside.
For more options visit Destination Grandview & Sign up for our future emails including hotel stay discounts, current events & more.
-Ashley Comstock, Intern
- 22nd - Music on the Lawn concert schedule for 2016
- 19th - Tour de Grandview to take place June 17
- 14th - Take a Virtual Tour of the Grand Event Center
- 12th - 13th Annual Mini Real Ale Fest happening May 14
- 12th - Zauber to host Maifest May 7
- 12th - Big Mama's Burritos opening on Grandview Ave
- 12th - The Butcher & Grocer Opening in Grandview