News & Blog
Real Estate Industry Cultivates While it Can
Recently named the nation’s hottest market for apartment rentals, Columbus has seen a boom in commercial real estate, with dense, mixed-use developments proving especially attractive. But can it last?
Ask CBRE Group Managing Director Michael Copella to describe the state of commercial real estate in central Ohio and you’ll be met with a string of superlatives. The landscape, he says, “is very positive. It’s a very exciting time and there are strengths across all industry types, so I’d say there are great things happening in office development, there are great things happening in industrial, and certainly we’re seeing some pretty exciting retail projects as well.”
Forgive his enthusiasm, but he’s not wrong—now is a great time in the Columbus commercial real estate market. The area has some of the state’s highest occupancy levels when it comes to commercial products, reports CBRE in its “Columbus Real Estate Market Outlook 2016,” and it looks to keep humming along. With unemployment and interest rates down and rents on the rise, the commercial real estate landscape of today is markedly different than that of a few years ago. Now, thanks at least in part to pent-up demand created by the Great Recession, business is booming.
- 22nd - Music on the Lawn concert schedule for 2016
- 19th - Tour de Grandview to take place June 17
- 14th - Take a Virtual Tour of the Grand Event Center
- 12th - 13th Annual Mini Real Ale Fest happening May 14
- 12th - Zauber to host Maifest May 7
- 12th - Big Mama's Burritos opening on Grandview Ave
- 12th - The Butcher & Grocer Opening in Grandview