News & Blog
Cameron Mitchell Restaurants will celebrate the grand opening of its 15th restaurant concept in Columbus on Monday, February 1. The Avenue Steak Tavern (The Avenue) is located in the heart of Grandview at 1307 Grandview Avenue.
“We’re thrilled to be opening The Avenue in Grandview’s historic Bank Block neighborhood and believe it’s truly a classically designed, timeless and approachable all-occasion steak tavern,” said David Miller, executive vice president, Cameron Mitchell Restaurants. “TheAvenue has a refined menu of fine steaks and tavern fare and is a place where everything is familiar and ‘old school’ – reminiscent of good times when life was less complicated, not so busy and more fun.”
The Avenue will offer guests mouthwatering appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, seafood and steaks. Executive Chef Jeff Lindemeyer along with the CMR culinary development team has created a superb dinner menu. Signature dishes include:
– Veal Milanese
– Steak Frites
– Sautéed Branzino
– Twin Lobster Tails
– Filet Mignon
– New York Strip
– Prime Top Sirloin
– Colorado Lamb Chops
– Sloe Tom Collins (Plymouth Dry and Sloe gin, fresh raspberries, lemon and soda)
– Planter’s Punch (Ron Zacapa, fresh pineapple, citrus and house-made grenadine)
– Old Fashioned (George Dickle Rye, sugar, orange and old fashion bitters)
– Staten Island Ferry (Coconut-infused Mt. Gay rum, fresh pineapple and Snowville Creamery crème fraiche)
– Manhattan (Watershed bourbon, Dolin Rouge Vermouth, Nocino and orange bitters)
With a reminiscent feel of a classic steakhouse from the 1920s and 1930s, The Avenue has a true “Great Gatsby” feel. The Avenueencompasses a 4,830-square foot space and will accommodate 100 guests in the dining room, 35 in the bar area and 24 on the patio. TheAvenue also features a semi-private dining area with seating for up to six people. Although not open for lunch, the dining area is available for reserved luncheons for up to 100 guests between 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. at The Avenue.
“Grandview is one of Columbus’ most vibrant areas and has long needed a neighborhood steakhouse – our team is more than excited to bring this exquisite menu to guests,” said Kristen Luff, The Avenue’s general manager.
Dinner will be served at The Avenue nightly, Monday through Thursday from 4 to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4 to 11 p.m., and Sunday from 4 to 9 p.m. Valet will be available for guests to use. For more information, visit www.TheAvenueSteakTavern.com or call 614.485.9447.
- 22nd - Music on the Lawn concert schedule for 2016
- 19th - Tour de Grandview to take place June 17
- 14th - Take a Virtual Tour of the Grand Event Center
- 12th - 13th Annual Mini Real Ale Fest happening May 14
- 12th - Zauber to host Maifest May 7
- 12th - Big Mama's Burritos opening on Grandview Ave
- 12th - The Butcher & Grocer Opening in Grandview